July 27, 2012 at 8:00 pm
com : HDC-4826-24 This home design includes 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, in a 4826 sq ft living area. A shotgun house is modestly built and constructed in very close proximity to other shotgun houses. Learn about the shotgun house and it's history. Found throughout the American South, the shotgun house floor plan has its roots in West Africa and the Caribbean. A modern interpretation of a shotgun house is finishing up construction on Hull Street in Phoenix Hill. Brief and Straightforward Guide: What Is a Shotgun House? Shotgun houses are simple residences that are rectangular in design and normally somewhat long and narrow. Found throughout the American South, the shotgun house floor plan has its roots in West Africa and the Caribbean.
Shotgun House Plans
- Camelback houses were built in the later period of shotgun houses.
- There is a lot of disagreement about why the narrow, deep houses common in New Orleans were called "shotgun" and where they came from.
- Entry describes the shotgun house, a popular design in late nineteenth-century New Orleans.
- Photo credit Wikipedia Commons) A shotgun house is a nickname for a long narrow house with sequential rooms and no hallway.
- Louisiana House Plans; Plantation House Plans; Shotgun Home Plans; Southern Classic Home Plans; Vaughan's Home Design.
- Find details on Modified Shotgun Plan (HWBDO07536) at BuilderHousePlans.
More information about Shotgun House Plans on the site: http://static.ddmcdn.com