June 30, 2011 at 4:40 pm
I'm in the planning stages for a cob/straw bale house I'm going to build next year. An educational organization providing articles about cob construction, pictures of the building process, workshops, and links to other resources. Cobworks: Cob and earth house construction workshops and design. These are the plans for our cob house we are going to build this summer. Plans; Store; Workshops; Directory; Gallery; Links; About; Contact and the structure is spiral-shaped, with an urbanite foundation and all cob walls. They plan an ambitious community outreach program, including a Cob house in Cornwall, England dated 1539. Hand-Sculpted House: how to design and build your own radically simple cob cottage.
Cob House Plans
- You can build your own cob house with little money, there’s nothing quite like the to build a cottage like this in the Rockies (perhaps with a different roof design).
- This is a cob home designed by Florian Kroll, architect Helene .v.d.Merwe, and Helena Wagener.
- In an earlier post about my cob cottage plans, I mentioned that I had some new design ideas.
- Chuck wrote I intend to use a rubble trench system for the foundation.
- Contrary to my earlier plans, I went ahead and bought a couple of solar photovoltaic panel "kits" and an AC inverter at Harbor Freight Tools this weekend.
- Evans covers virtually all aspects of site selection and home design while also including interviews with a few cob home owner/builders.
More information about Cob House Plans on the site: http://www.groundhouse.com